(Photograph courtesy of Good Earth)
Top on the list of my Delhi shopping circuit is Good Earth in Khan Market. Every time I visit the store, I am always mesmerized by their beautiful collection of home decor products that would make any home aesthetically appealing for a stylish dinner party. Good Earth brings together luxury retail, sustainable fashion and quality craftsmanship.
Chef Ritu Dalmia could not have a chosen a better spot for her café Latitude 28, perched on top of Good Earth. The warmth, textures and vivid colours of the store seamlessly transport themselves to the striking café. Along with Smoke House Deli, Latitude 28 is one of my favourite cafés in Delhi.
The menu is refreshing and light and the food is presented creatively, holding true to Ritu’s style. There are plenty of vegetarian options; including beetroot tartar with avocado and tamarind dressing, garnished with caramelised walnuts and coconut. My favourite is the roasted pumpkin spring rolls. They were so delicious I had to get the recipe:
Ingredients – 2 portions
10g Basil Leaves
50g Glass Noodles
50g Spring Roll Sheets
5g Chilli Paste
5g Soy sauce
5g Thai Red Chilly
5g Spring Onions
10g Chopped Onions
10g Sweet Chilly Sauce
Oil for frying
• Cut the pumpkin into slices and roast in the oven till golden brown.
• Soak the glass noodles in cold water for 15 min and then blanch in boiling water till soft.
• Toss the noodles with the soy sauce and chilli paste. Add chopped spring onions, onions, Thai red chilli and basil leaves.
• Moisten the edges of the spring roll sheet. Place the slices of roasted pumpkin and top with glass noodles. Roll the sheet to form a tight parcel.
• Drop the rolls into hot oil and fry till golden brown. Serve immediately with sweet chilli sauce.
Ritu’s restaurant Diva The Italian in Greater Kailash is also well worth a visit; boasting some of the best Italian food in Delhi.
Latitude 28, 9 Khan Market, Delhi, India (+911124621013)